To be a FEN member, one must be a registered nurse working in an emergency care setting. In the future, we may be in a position to consider membership for other members of the nursing workforce.
The Benefits of Membership:
- Access to education sessions and webinars:
- Two year online AFEN taught programme – consisting of two hour weekly webinars (requires 2 years initial membership)
- Two years online MFEN taught programme – consists of four to six hours per month of webinars (requires 2 years initial membership)
- Monthly webinars for assessors in clinical practice
- Monthly webinars for all members.
- An ePortfolio account with CPDme, where you can build and store CPD evidence for NMC revalidation or upload our FEN competency documents.
- Guidance on how to develop your professional portfolio using the FEN core and specific competencies.
- Submit your clinical portfolio for a qualification with credits from an awarding body which is mapped against the European Qualifications Framework (EQF) [AFEN level currently available, MFEN and FFEN in development]. So you will gain credits for your knowledge and practice (Extra cost).
- Collaborate with peers and network with emergency nurses all over.